Position: Artisan & NGO Mobilization Associate
About Earthy Goods Foundation
We are a young non-profit that works with micro enterprises, non-profit livelihood based organisations and artisans to build their ability to create marketable products, meet market standards and earn a secure livelihood. Our purpose is to ensure that small producers do not get excluded from mainstream markets because of their inability to afford professional inputs in deployment of appropriate technology, new product development, quality assurance, packaging, certification & branding.
The core team of the foundation includes Sales, Marketing and CSR professionals from companies like Hindustan Unilever, ICICI Bank, IBM, MphasiS and Maersk, who have taken a conscious decision to work in this space. For more details on our work, please refer to our website www.earthygoods.co.in.
We are now staffing for key roles for a prestigious 5 year program that aims to bring together the finest artisans from across India on one platform where their skills and exceptional products can be showcased and marketed. This program will improve the Indian artisan’s direct access to markets, help them create contemporary products for urban consumers and markets, thereby earn a fair remunerative income from their craft and skills. We look forward to bring on board passionate professionals for the program.
This is a chance for MSW and Social Marketing professionals to travel out to the real India to mobilize artisans and artisan groups who have traditionally never operated in a collective fashion. This has led to them being poorly organized and having limited recourse to institutional support. The very first activity in improving artisans’ access to markets is to identify, aggregate and list genuine crafts persons and craft-based NGOs.
The candidate will be expected to take complete ownership of the entire cycle of mobilizing and documenting artisans for a comprehensive directory. This will include:
• Profiling artisans and NGOs in selected craft clusters
• Validating and updating profile information
• Supporting them with inquiries and order leads
• Creating lasting relationships with craft communities
If you enjoy working at the grassroots and have a demonstrated interest and experience in the livelihood or craft space, we would love to hear from you. This role is based in Delhi, with extensive travel to rural India.
1. Undertake artisan verificaton and mobilization in selected geographies and for selected craft forms
a. Identify genuine artisans/groups
b. Complete the artisan registration process
• Collect and Input comprehensive verifiable artisan details into the directory
• Collect and input baseline (profile) data of the artisan/community/NGO
• Document artisan and craft portfolio details
c. Co-opt local partners to facilitate registration
d. Facilitate creation of informal collectives or networks in local areas enabling artisans to aggregate capacity to meet large orders
2. Build relationships with artisans and NGOs
3. Address membership concerns and challenges on an ongoing basis
• Social work (MSW) or development research background
• Atleast 2-3 years experience working in the livelihood sector
• Crafts sector experience desirable but not essential
• A working understanding of technology and the Internet
Skills and Personality:
• A confident and warm personality
• Ability to relate to and work with craftspersons and NGOs
• Ability to travel extensively in rural areas
• Ability to work well in small teams and a start-up environment
• Ability to work well towards deadlines and deliverables
Please email your resume to Aparna Sanjay at email@example.com